Al-Kindy College of Medicine is the second medical college in the University of Baghdad. It was established in 1998 just beside Al-Kindy Teaching Hospital- Al Nahda Square, Baghdad. The M.B.Ch.B. the degree is given to the student after finishing the six-year course.
The first graduation ceremony in this college was done in summer, 2005, the college is committed to supporting the Iraqi community with physicians who are qualified in the diagnosis and treatment of its health problems and who have the ethics of the profession, it also seeks for enriching the medical specialties with the researches that help in solving health problems in our society.
The college buildings extend through the area in the center of Baghdad. Wonderful green gardens are located between these buildings which form about one-third of its area.
The vision of Al-Kindy College of Medicine is to be globally recognized with excellence in medical education and values imperative to health care priorities.
Is to adopt an updated medical training program and to achieve community-based learning through twinning with credible universities, adhering with global standards, encouraging researches, and seeking exceptionally promising students to develop their ethical and humanistic values to serve the goal of graduating a 5 star competent and professional physicians.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
General objectives of undergraduate medical education:
- Graduating competent physicians providing the best health care within the hospital and the community with special emphasis on primary health care.
- Physicians who are able to determine and identify community health problems through proper linkage of medical education provided with the priority health problems and needs.
- Adoption of an educational program focusing on priority and primary health care.
- Adoption of lifelong learning and Assessments
- Establishing an integrated health care system with the cooperation of MOH and WHO.
- Carry out research programs oriented to community problems and health needs.
- Providing a good working environment for students, faculty, and other personnel with emphasis on high academic, professional and ethical standards within the university campus. Freedom of opinions and respect of others opinions and encouragement in exchanging knowledge.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary knowledge, skills, and attitude in communication.
- Possess behaviors of medical ethics with a compassionate and socially accountable human being.
- Identify common health problems in our community, manage them initially, advise the public about prevention and provide education to people on health and health-related matters.
- Develop a health care team-approach and give respect to all other members of the team.
The scientific, technical and administrative structure of our college includes a set of integrated elements. Each one of these elements has authority, duties, and responsibilities which are specified accurately so that the college can work well and achieve the required goals through the integrity of the work of these elements.